Majacraft Aura Spinning Wheel
Price includes 4-8 week drop shipping from New Zealand!
Designed from the ground up, the Aura has modern style and presence while still retaining the classic Majacraft look. It has two independent drive bands, one for the flyer and a second for the bobbin. The flyer drive has three different ratios and the bobbin drive has two ratios plus infinite adjustment. This design allows the spinner to have very precise control over the draw of the yarn on to the bobbin.
The hybrid flyer is all new and builds on the advances Majacraft has made in the past. It shares the aerodynamic shape of our other flyers for efficient and easy spinning. Most importantly it has a new dual function orifice. Fine yarns can be held still in the delta part of the orifice. This also has the function of holding coil yarns very still so you can observe your work. You can bypass the delta and use the large halo ring for spinning huge. With the new double drive, the Aura can spin anything that can be pulled through this orifice!
The new folding handle design has the grip in a new location and special bumpers on the handle to keep the spinning head away from the pedals when you fold it down.
As with all other Majacraft wheels we have worked to make it as compatible as possible with all accessories. The Aura will fit all existing Majacraft flyers. It fits all wood bobbins produced after April 2010 and the latest standard and jumbo plastic bobbins. There are three jumbo wooden bobbins included with the Aura.
Features of the Aura include the following:
- has special Majacraft cast hinges
- ratios extend from 4.1 to 7.3 using the pulley supplied
- comes with three (3) jumbo wooden bobbins
- the handle folds to allow easy handling
- the handle position is adjustable so you can achieve the most comfortable spinning position
- has handle stops to control the range of movement of the handle
- JCB bolts used in most structural connections for simple assembly and beautiful smooth lines
- acrylic slider on the handle to protect your wheel when adjusting the head
- the Aura uses the amazing Majacraft double drive system for ultimate control over your spinning.
This is the wheel I use and if you are interested in testing it out, please use the contact form. I am located in Philadelphia, PA.